Hourly rate for Android developers: what can they expect?
Android developers are in great demand in the development industry because they build apps that are more user friendly and scalable. Many companies use the platform since it is a widely used open source platform for app development.
The hourly rate of such developers can vary according to several factors, like their experience, project timelines, etc. This article will cover the factors affecting the pay per hour for the app developers and also the hourly rates charged for the programmers experienced in various levels.
Factors affecting the pay per hour
There are some factors, as already mentioned, that may have an impact on the developers’ hourly rates. In this section, we will look into them in detail. The amount of money they are paid per hour for finishing a project can vary depending on the features they want to add to the app, the project’s deadline, the technology used for development, and many other factors.
The following are some of the most important factors that influence app developer hourly rates:
- Developer’s experience and expertise
- Project timeline
- The complexity of the project
- Geographical location
- Technology Used
1. Developer’s experience and expertise
The experience and expertise of the developers in the field can greatly impact their hiring costs. Depending on the number of years of experience, the cost may vary. The ones with more than five years of experience can get a higher salary than the entry-level or mid-level developers. Despite having little direct influence on the quality of the work produced, experience significantly affects recruitment costs.
2. Technology stack used
The next factor to discuss is the technology stack used by the developers to build an app. Employing a developer who works with cutting-edge, popular technology will typically cost more than not doing so. As said, the Android platform is constantly updated with modern features. The developers skilled in such modern technologies will be paid more.
3. The complexity of the project
The complexity of the app developed can have an impact on the hourly pay of the developers. Sometimes they have to venture outside their area of expertise to work on a project rather than follow the work patterns they are familiar with. It may be challenging for them, which makes them eligible for a higher salary.
It would help if you also kept in mind that the app is never really finished and may require regular updates with new versions of operating systems and devices, as well as patches and bug fixes. It also has an impact on the hourly rate.
4. Project timeline
By deciding what features you require in your app, you can determine deliverables, phases, and project duration. It can take a week, a month, six months, or even longer for Android development projects to be completed. So how long it takes can affect the hourly rates of the programmers.
5. Geographical location
One of the key factors affecting hourly rates is the developer’s residence location. It is because the cost of living and the market for app developers can vary according to geographical location.
Typical hourly rates of Android app developers
The typical rates charged per hour for the app developers, as mentioned among the factors, can be influenced by their experience and proficiency in the field. Basic level developers should be familiar with wireframing, storyboarding, Java, Android SDK, and Android Studio.
- The intermediate level or advanced developers should be skilled in various frameworks and have knowledge of project management tools like Jira, dependency management tools like Gradle, and version control tools like GitHub.
- Those developers who are qualified to be both Android developers and UI/UX designers are paid more than the above mentioned developers.
- It is because of their proficiency in traditional design tasks like high fidelity visual mockups with Photoshop and are well versed in colour schemes, typography, and Android Material Design
Check out the following table to learn more about the charges of the developers who are at different levels.
|Type of Android Developer||Average Hourly Rate|
|Basic Developer||50 to 80 Euro|
|Intermediate and Advanced Developers||80 to 110 Euro|
|Senior Android Developer||90 to 150 Euro|
|App Development Architect||110 to 200 Euro|
Reasons to learn Android development
Learning it gives you the best chance of achieving any career goals you set for yourself. Today, it is one of the most in-demand jobs, with many employers offering exciting benefits in addition to an app developer’s salary. Once you get going, it won’t take long to secure your ideal position, receive the promotion you’ve been waiting for, or launch a flourishing development venture.
- It is an open-source technology in which the source code is freely accessible to anyone. It gives developers much freedom because it allows them to adapt and edit the programming codes easily.
- With such a large device market share, the technology now controls a sizable portion of the Indian mobile operating system market.
- The process for getting entry to the market is easier in the case of Android compared to iOS platforms.
- There are numerous job opportunities since the market is growing rapidly.
- Once they get into the career, the developers can have the freedom and flexibility to work from anywhere in the world.
- The choice of language is left up to the developers based on their goals and preferences for each project. No one language can be said to be the best language for developing Android apps.
- Numerous online courses are available for beginners and experienced users to improve their skills from the comfort of their homes.
Therefore, this article would have given you a general idea of what to anticipate regarding Android developers’ hourly rates. Every business owner and entrepreneur seeks a quality app developer who is also reasonably priced. When determining a developer’s cost, location and level of experience are two of the most crucial factors. The article discussed many other factors, too. So use the information here to strike a balance between quality and affordability.
The author: Sascha Thattil works at Software-Developer-India.com which is a part of the YUHIRO Group. YUHIRO is a German-Indian enterprise which provides programmers to IT companies, agencies and IT departments.