Software Development in Bulgaria: Why is it a Good Choice?
The software development industry is now going through a great phase. Many businesses are hiring developers from countries of their choice. Among the most popular ones, Bulgaria is the most popular and the choice of many. The country is developing IT hubs and other infrastructure, becoming the fastest-growing web development industry.
It is renowned for providing domestic and foreign businesses with a favourable tech environment. That is why businesses from all over the world are drawn to its outsourcing options. This article will give you an overview of the country’s development industry and why it is a good choice.
What makes it an excellent choice, and Why?
What makes Bulgaria a favourable option for many companies? Many European and US companies prefer to work with the country’s developers rather than hire from local companies. Several companies in the country are dedicated to Java, JS, Python, and PHP development. Let’s check out some of the many reasons that make the country a good choice for everyone.
- Abundant talented developers
- Communication skills
- Technical knowledge
- Geographical location
- Saving on the cost of development
1. Abundant talented developers
The country has a growing talent pool of software engineers who are an asset to the industry. Besides, they have made a lot of investments in expanding engineering education programmes and IT infrastructures. The proficiency, accuracy, and capacity of the country’s recent IT graduates have significantly increased their popularity.
- The country is known as the European Silicon Valley because of its abundance of IT talent, both in the full stack and front-end and back-end programming.
- The number of newly graduated software engineers and the proportion of full-time IT professionals employed rose significantly across the nation.
- Therefore, the outsourcing capacity of the country and its development industry is constantly growing.
2. Communication skills
As you know, good communication skills can make or break a software outsourcing project. The developers in Bulgaria have excellent communication skills, which is another reason why many businesses outsource or hire developers from there.
- As was previously mentioned, they have excellent educational systems that allow students to graduate from high school knowing at least one foreign language.
- Now that you know what it means, you will understand when it is stated that 28% of the population, with an average age of 15 to 34, speaks English well.
- Since 70% of the businesses in the nation use English as their working language, the developers there won’t experience any language difficulties when hired.
3. Technical knowledge
Additionally, the nation was among the first to use agile software development methodologies.
So the talented developers that the country has to offer are yet another reason why web development in the nation is on the rise, making it a popular choice worldwide.
4. Geographical location
The country is in a good location, given its proximity to Western and Central Europe. Additionally, as an EU member, the nation is a top choice for development companies from expensive Western European nations looking to outsource their work.
- Most European nations are in the same time zone as Bulgarian IT firms.
- The time difference for US businesses can range from 9 to 12 hours, but it still allows business hours to overlap.
- As real-time support and communication with vendors are essential for outsourcing projects, many businesses view this as a major advantage.
5. Saving on the cost of development
Due to its lowest hourly labour costs among all European countries, choosing Bulgaria for your software development can help you save on labour expenses. Its government offers tax breaks to both domestic and foreign businesses, resulting in low tax rates for them, which has an impact on the cost of web development in the nation.
Therefore, the country has much lower average engineer salaries than the US or the UK. Software developers in the nation typically earn between 34,983 and 63,346 EUR a year in salary, depending on their level of experience. In comparison to other European nations, this nation offers more affordable options for hiring dedicated web development teams.
These are the main factors that make Bulgaria a great choice for outsourcing your company’s software development, so there you have it.
Bulgarian developers: What should you watch out for?
We discussed the various reasons to choose the country for your development needs. Now we will move on to another topic. When it comes to outsourcing your company’s software development to Bulgaria, there are some things you should always keep in mind:
- Whenever hiring developers, make sure to thoroughly investigate their reviews and references. Verify the developers’ abilities and prior experience by asking for samples of their prior work.
- Before entrusting them with a project, come to an agreement on the processes, budget, and everything else about the project ahead of time so that there is no confusion during the development journey.
- Finally, determine whether the developer can fit into your company’s culture and has the necessary language fluency. Even though they speak English well, there are times when something might be lost in translation. This is why you need to make sure that you and the developer you choose can communicate effectively.
So, if you’re looking for high-quality, professional web or app development services, Bulgaria should be at the top of your list. It is among the safest and most trustworthy nations to outsource your company’s software development to. We also covered a number of other explanations for why this is the case, as well as considerations you should make before hiring a developer from the country.
What is the salary of an Entry Level Software Developer?
More information about Software Development in Bulgaria
The author: Sascha Thattil works at Software-Developer-India.com which is a part of the YUHIRO Group. YUHIRO is a German-Indian enterprise which provides programmers to IT companies, agencies and IT departments.
Leave a Reply