TYPO3 Development Teams In India
TYPO3 (in this also abbreviated with T3) is one of the most popular content management systems in the world today. It is free and open source, licensed under the GPL and can be compared to WordPress, Joomla and Drupal. You will find the most number of TYPO3 users in German-speaking and Scandinavian countries. In this article, we will talk about hiring TYPO3 developments teams in India, and how to go about it.
The content management system is highly flexible because you can code and content separately, and the software is available in more than 50 languages. With a built-in localisation system, the system lets you publish content in multiple languages.
Hiring TYPO3 developers from the subcontinent would open doors to several services
Defined below are some of the services that you would generally need for a website project.
- Typo3 Extension Development – If you want to extend your website endlessly without worrying about backward compatibility, make use of the extension TYPO3 API. The developer would be able to easily add, remove, install TYOP extensions depending on the project requirement.
- Customisation – Here, the developers would be able to provide scalable, flexible and highly customisable products in the stream of web content management, thereby making it possible to create the basis for web and mobile applications on a global level.
- Template Design – You could get templates based on your idea or design as templates are records of configuration information that helps to display content in a website.
- Theme Development – New techniques in theme development and customised versions are also available.
- CMS (content Management System) – The content editor would help build extensive content management systems with dynamic hierarchical content structures.
- Migration – This is a service that would help migrate content in TYPO3 to Drupal or WordPress. Complete migration services are usually provided.
- Web Application Development – If you are looking to build complex sites with rich features using this CMS system, it is also possible.
- TYPO3 Maintenance – This is a feature that would you help you maintain a healthy TYPO3 CMS installation, where you can deploy new features, perform big update operations or even update the entire system.
TYPO3 is written in PHP, and is thus suitable for making web content that includes text, embedded photos, audio, video, code, graphics and other images.
Point to remember – You can use TYPO3 for the following – SEO optimization, online purchases, blogs, e-Shop, e-Commerce, AJAX (drag and drop), statistics, photo galleries, discussions, chat, newsletters, registrations of new customers, video presentations, forms, and so on
There are some advantages and disadvantages to the CMS. Let’s explore them:
1) Safety & security
Security features of the CMS are updated in the different versions. The designer will be able to create websites that are fully secure. It has a verified system that is always updated so the websites will remain safe from latest hacks.
You will be able to enjoy flexibility in the design of your website, so if your client has any particular requirements, those can be easily accommodated. Enjoy independent working with different kinds of editing options, where you can organise the layout and content freely. Added flexibility can happen in a single website because you can use several different kinds of layouts to meet the requirements of different customer groups. You can address the taste of different categories of people, by adding different background images and colour schemes.
3) Handles loads and loads of articles
The content editors/managers and administrators can add plenty of articles, text and images, cut and paste items, insert pages or a series of pages, add translation, view logs, search inside the content, etc.
4) Freedom of choice
Low cost of license when compared to other commercial systems because with them, you have to add content editors, software extensions, databases, servers and others. These fees do not apply to TYPO3.
5) Good balance of usability and functionality
If you do an inventory of the CMS that’s available for content managers, you will see that some of them offer usability more than functionality. And some others focus on functionality, and relax a bit on the usability factor. But TYPO3 offers a good balance of both.
6) Good stability
The content system is really huge, so it can handle thousands of content at the same time. Content in the form of articles, videos, images and graphics are easily added and updated within minutes.
7) Impressive client-base
According to the TYPO3 website, the CMS is being used in over 300,000 websites around the world, a large chunk of it being used by German-speaking and Scandinavian countries. Some of the big names that use this system are Philips, EDS, Volkswagen, General Electric, Stanford University and Samsung.
Point to remember: Modularity and diversity are the two main goals for TYPO3. It is great for building a large complicated website or a simple company page.
1) Lack of skill
It is not easy to find highly skilled content managers for TYPO3 in India, so that could be a turn off. Most of the content managers are located in Europe, so you will have to get a remote worker if you want diverse options.
All said and done, the content management system is not easy to install or set up. The managers will have to be trained specifically for this, and it usually takes more time than Joomla or WordPress. TYPO3 is definitely not easy for a beginner, so you will have to rely on experienced programmers, and in India, choices are few.
3) Not so easy
The editors might find the system easy to use, but administrators might sing a different tune because they have to be aware of the script’s know-how.
4) English documentation is hard to find
The English version of TYPO3 documentation is not easy to comprehend, especially for a newbie. If you are planning to teach your team, you will have to spend time on it.
This can make it hard for foreign coders to learn more about this technology. But T3 is changing its main language more and more to English.
How to go about building at team abroad
As mentioned in this article already, it is not that easy to find plenty of coders in India, which can work on T3.
But T3 is built with PHP, which means that it will be feasible for a PHP expert to learn that technology.
It might take some time, but once he or she gets a hold of it, development with this technology is definitely possible. If you have someone in your location who is an expert in TYPO3 themeselfs, that would be even more helpful. So that “project manager” could then look at the quality and output of the team in India.
As TYPO3 is an open system, both professionals and amateurs can use it for free, without any license fees However, if you are planning to learn this CMS, then the good news is that there is a community of developers who continually improve, update and extend it.
Even if T3 is not used much in India currently, this is changing currently and more and more people are picking up skills in this area.
Especially if you are ready to hire PHP developers and give them time to learn more about this technology, you will have additional resources to work on your projects.
Picture Source: Flickr.com/ Pflamm/ GotCredit
The author: Reema Oamkumar is engaged as a thought leader at www.Software-Developer-India.com which is a part of the YUHIRO Group. YUHIRO is a German-Indian enterprise which provides programmers to IT companies, agencies and IT departments.