Why Hiring Dedicated Developers Is The Ideal Solution For Your Business
Hiring the best, dedicated developers is quite important for businesses and companies who need to develop their own apps, but cannot make compromises when it comes to talent. These businesses would also like to solve the problem of finding, recruiting and training good developers, thereby saving on manpower and resources. There are various methods through which your company can get hold of talented developers because there are several firms outsourcing these services. Most businesses do not have the time to train developers, so they prefer to outsource these tasks to agencies that already have talented teams to work on various kinds of app development projects. Understanding the right skill-set and experience required for the developer team is crucial because you need to have access to people who would work exclusively for you. There are several kinds of developers depending on the skill set they possess:
- Java Developers
- Magneto Developers
- Joomla Developers
- ASP.NET Developers
- WordPress Developers
- iPhone and iPad Developers
- Salesforce Developers
- Android Apps Developers
- Windows Mobile Apps Developers
Hiring the right people goes through numerous vetting processes because companies cannot afford to make compromises once the work begins. Once you need a team of developers for your business, you can get in touch with an offshore agency that would be willing to work with you on your time zone. The process of hiring may be over in a week or two, depending on the competency of the offshore team and skills of the developers hired. Once you get hold of required skills for your developer team, the project begins.
Here are the steps involved in hiring a good team of developers:
- Identifying the skills required for the developer team; the more dedicated and educated the team is the better the hiring process would be. You can discuss preferred working hours, project duration, experiences required, time zone you prefer to work and other requirements with the agency.
- The offshore agency that provides you with the developer team would analyze your requirements and put together a group of skilled people who would eventually develop your apps. This is also a process where the agency would discuss cost saving techniques, discount options and finalize contract terms. Resumes of shortlisted candidates would be sent to you, and you can have the technical tests done to evaluate their performance too, if required.
- The offshore agency would provide you with all the resources required to communicate with the developer team. There would be continuous evaluation of the project to ensure the work is going right on track.
Tips on hiring dedicated developers
Even though hiring developers would be good for businesses, the time and money spent on experimental employees would drain their resources on a large scale. Here are some tips that would help you avoid such situations:
Try with small projects first
You can always test them for a short-term project before handing over a long term contract. The developers who are given small projects would work hard to win your trust, so you can expect high quality work. And once you are satisfied with them, they wouldn’t want to let you go because the competition is stiff.
How well they communicate
The team of developers must open constant communication channels with you throughout the project. They should be willing to work on your time zone and provide timely support throughout and after the project. They should be able to answer your queries within 24 hours at least.
Using the best softwares in the market
If you are not into developing, you would probably have no idea of the latest softwares in the market, but the developers would have knowledge of NoteTabPro, WS_FTP Pro, Dreamweaver, PaintShop Pro or Dreamweaver. Similarly, choosing developers whose knowledge of language is latest and most useful would be an added advantage to your company. Java, C/C++, C#, Visual Basic and Objective-C / Cocoa are some of the developing languages that are in great demand.
Get hold of only A-player developers
If you need to expand your business or scale up your team, then hiring talented developers with excellent skill-set is imperative. And that means paying them the top dollar. If you hire an off-shore team, you would get access to A-players and the same time, with no strain on your resources.
Checking into the security of the company
Seek recommendations before hiring your offshore team because you are entrusting them with crucial data regarding your business. The outsourced agency must vouch for its security and confidentiality while transferring your documents. The team must never share your information with your competitors, so signing an NDA is quite important.
Hiring developers from an outsourcing company
- Hiring dedicated developers from an outsourcing agency would solve a number of problems:
You may have only a couple of projects a year; it is not feasible to hire a permanent team of developers (after an elaborate recruiting process) because they would have to sit twiddling their thumbs more than half the time.
- You would have to dedicate a separate department for developers, which means you need to have extra space on your office premises for housing the team.
- You would have to pay regular salary, insurance, pension plans and other incentives; all the benefits received by regular employees.
- Spend time, money and other resources for their training
Hiring a team of developers who can provide custom packages based on your requirements would be ideal because you can choose the skills required, the duration of the project and the amount of support needed.
Pictures: Flickr.com/ Dan Zen/ frankwinn
The author: Reema Oamkumar is engaged as a thought leader at Software-Developer-India.com which is a part of the YUHIRO Group. YUHIRO is a German-Indian enterprise which provides programmers to IT companies, agencies and IT departments.